Daughters of Isabella St. Vincent de Paul Circle No. 211
On April 20, 1920, even a raging snowstorm could not dampen the spirit of 40 local women as they gathered for first initiation of the St. Vincent de Paul Circle. As their numbers rapidly grew, the organization received its first charter in 1922 and currently has 76 members.
The circle had a very successful year ending in December 2007, and all members are thanked for their willingness to say “yes” whenever they are asked to help. They continued their civic project by serving 9 dinners this year, spending hundreds of hour in volunteer labor and taking in over $4000.00. With this amount, they we re able to meet their obligations of per capita dues, giving quarterly to Birthright and the local food bank, seminarian gifts, monthly masses, youth projects and helping those less fortunate. They believe that living charity is not only giving to the needy or raising money for a cause, it is living their lives as Christian women, setting an example of charity and love.
|Vice Regent||Kelly Tasset
|Financial Treasurer||Amanda Bittel
|Financial Secretary||Jenette Schuette
|Recording Secretary||Vicki Broz
|Past Regent||Nancy Hattrup|
|Chaplan||Fr. John Forkuoh|
Through their motto of “Friendship, Unity and Charity“, the Daughters of Isabella strive for development of all that is best and truest in womanhood, promote high ideals of life and morals, and work for the advancement of good in the world.